Following a successful campaign by Ferndale ward councillors, the council launched its new noise reporting service.
Residents in Ferndale ward raised concerns around the level of noise coming from outside Brixton Tube Station. As a result, the council has extended the night time noise service offering from Thursday to Saturday (including the early hours of Sunday morning).
The new service will include:
- A single point of contact for all noise-related queries, to include complaints from the public highway, housing estates and planning-related queries.
- An out-of-hours line reintroduced between 9pm and 5am Thursday to Saturday. The Council will also reintroduce a daytime responsive service between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Pro-active assessments of complaints during 9pm to 5am (Thursday to Saturday)
- Additional resources in community safety to fund additional officers for this service
- Proposed purchase of additional council-funded Police officers to complement the work of the Violence Against Women & Girls (VAWG), Violence Reduction Unit & ASB teams
The new service follows a review of the council’s existing service, which was changed in 2016. More details will be available when the new service goes live before the end of the year.